Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco is currently seeking candidates for the following position(s):
Are you passionate about housing justice?
Do you want to make sure HUD tenants in SF have safe and dignified housing?
Do you want to join a diverse, multilingual tenant organization fighting for TENANT POWER?
The HUD organizer is a 40 hour a week position that will focus on organizing alongside tenants of HUD subsidized buildings in San Francisco, as well as developing and growing powerful tenants associations in these buildings. They will also assist with policy initiatives that support HUD tenants and the needs of low-income and immigrant communities. Experience supporting diverse communities is essential as is a long-term commitment to social justice.
- Conduct outreach through phone calls, door-knocking, one-on-one conversations, and group meetings.
- Help tenants build tenant associations to address their needs
- Meet regularly with HRCSF staff and existing HUD tenants who have been working with HRCSF
- Map out HUD buildings that need to be connected with resources and information about their rights
- Coordinate tenant members and volunteers to conduct tenant education outreach
- Develop activities to deepen tenants’ education and have effective conversations with them about their rights
- Maintain accurate databases, spreadsheets, and lists related to outreach work
- Commitment to stop Black Displacement in San Francisco
- Experience (paid or unpaid) working for social and economic justice.
- Knowledge of issues impacting tenants, immigrants, and people with low incomes.
- Ability to engage with diverse communities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position with a current salary of $60,000. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision including chiropractic and acupuncture, and a generous accrual of paid vacations and sick time. This is a 40-hour position. HRCSF is a caring work environment that centers on self and collective care to ensure we are all here for the long haul!
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention Njoki Moore with “HUD Organizer” in the subject line.
HRCSF is an equal opportunity employer: people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQI2S, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply! Diverse viewpoints are vital to our organization’s mission and culture.