Temporary Campaign Organizing Intern
Title: Temporary Campaign Organizing Intern
Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco (HRCSF) is a tenants’ rights non-profit organization serving tenants citywide for almost 40 years. Our purpose is to strengthen tenants’ rights, improve living conditions for renters, and preserve and expand affordable housing opportunities.
This contract position will support campaigns against large, corporate landlords in San Francisco and will support a team of tenant leaders in their outreach work. That work includes in-person visits to buildings, group and one-on-one meetings with tenants, phone calls, and emails. The position will report directly to HRCSF’s Lead Organizer and will involve working closely with tenant leaders who routinely perform outreach.
- Collaborate with tenant leaders on outreach projects, including in-person visits to apartment buildings for door-knocking, individual meetings, and group meetings
- Communicate with tenants about upcoming events and meetings via phone, email, and in person
– Demonstrated experience or interest in outreach, community engagement, or organizing
– Familiarity with word processing software (Microsoft Word and/or Apple Pages), email, Google Docs, and Google Maps
– Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and quick learner required
– Sound interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds required
– Demonstrated commitment to housing justice through paid or volunteer work
– Bilingual in Spanish
This position is 10 hours per week and stipend for a three-month term, with no expectation to renew the contract. Pay is $200.00/week.
Please email or call Brad Hirn at email@example.com or 415-226-6677. Brad and 1-2 campaign leaders will schedule a sit-down interview with you.
HRCSF is an equal opportunity employer: people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQI2S, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply! Diverse viewpoints are vital to our organization’s mission and culture.